Which expenses incurred can I claim at the airline?
If you have had a long delay, you are entitled to care (see table). Often this is offered by the airline, which means you do not incur any costs. However, sometimes there may be such a chaotic situation at the airport that you have to take care of meals and refreshments, hotel accomodation etc. yourself. You can subsequently charge the airline that caused your flight problems for these expenses and submit your claim. To do this you have to keep all bills and receipts.
When am I entitled to care?
|2 hours or more||up to 1,500km|
|3 hours or more||1,500 - 3,500km|
|4 hours or more||more than 3,500km|
What costs can I claim?
The regulation includes costs for the following goods and services:
- Meals and refreshments in reasonable proportion to waiting time
- Hotel accommodation in cases where a stay of one or more nights is required
- Transport between the airport and the place of the accommodation (hotel or other)
- Two phone calls or telex, fax or e-mail
What costs can I not claim?
- Hotel if you booked it yourself after refusing the offer for hotel accomodation by the airline
- Meals and refreshments that are not in reasonable proportion to the waiting time
- Hotel costs at your destination for the time that you missed because of the delay
Check your flight
If your flight has been delayed, cancelled or overbooked, please enter your flight details and check if you are entitled to compensation!